Saturday, May 19, 2012

Zin! Zin! Zin! A Violin {Printable Book Pack}


I am so excited to be able to share my first set of
preschool printables!

This is what I call a Book Pack, or a pack of printables that are centered around a book or theme.  As I have put together Elaina's Letter of the Week curriculum, I have mostly used what I find online on various free sites (My favorites are:  Making Learning Fun, Confessions of a Homeschooler, Homeschool Creations1+1+1=1, and 2 Teaching Mommies. There are so many other wonderful sites out there as well!) 

When I don’t find what I want, then I make it.  

I hope that by sharing these with you all, it will enrich and bless your homeschool adventures! 

Have fun!




This pack is centered around the Caldecott Honor book Zin! Zin! Zin! A Violin by Lloyd Moss.  It is a fabulous introduction to Classical Music, as well as various musical terminology.  In addition to reading the book, we also listened to all of the instruments.



We used this pack for our letter Vv week.  Click here to see the blog post and how we used the printables.  I usually print and then laminate everything with our Scotch Thermal Laminator.

Ready to Print?

Zin! Zin! Zin! A Violin Musical Classification

Zin! Zin! Zin! Printable Activity Pack



I would love to hear from you if you have used the materials in the pack.  Also, please let me know if there are any errors or typos.  Thanks!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL I didn't even realize there wasn't a place to download on the original post about these. ;) I saw the link to the book and assumed that was it. I'm glad you got it figured out!

Sarah said...

Don't worry! I was so happy to have your feedback! I've been thinking about this for a while now. I think I have it figure out (Yikes!) I hope it all works right...

Steph said...

Thank you so much! I was going to "throw" together a mini music themed lesson for next week, and this will be perfect.

Sarah said...

Yea! Can't wait to hear how it goes for you! Such a fun theme to study.

Unknown said...

You know what? It says I don't have permission to access. Do you have the docs set to public? I'm not entirely sure how it works, but I'm guessing there is a place to mark them as public.

Amber said...

Thank you! We love this book!

Sarah said...

Oh thank you Allison! I have changed them to public now...I am so new at this stuff. Thanks for letting me know and being patient with me while I learn!

niki said...

Thanks for the printable pack.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing these! Think we can use some of them when we get to the letter V.

Unknown said...

No prob! Thanks for the awesome freebies!

Melody said...

Thank you! These are SOOOOO awesome!!! Can't wait to use them with my girls!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great printables. Just one thing....the clarinet and the oboe need to be switched. The clarinet is a single reed and the oboe is a double reed, it is the one that is pointy at the top.

Erin said...

Thanks a bunch! :)

Jolanthe Erb said...

Just found these after a reader asked if I had anything musical. :) Sharing with her. Thanks!

Audrey said...

I just got the safari musical instruments toob to do a musical instruments unit and these are great to go with it! My daughter loves the book and the Scholastic DVD version. I especially like the ensemble cards. Thanks for all your hard work!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that you have an error in the Vocabulary Cards. The pictures for clarinet and oboe are reversed. Thanks for this resource :)

Sarah said...

Thank you Annie! I think I have it fixed now :)